LAW AND STRATEGY FOR INTERNATIONAL TRADE AND INVESTMENT
Our clients need to be able to navigate and grow in the international trade arena, underpinned by international law
Located in Geneva, Switzerland, TILPA is a firm dedicated to international trade law, international investment law and international commercial law.
How do we work?
We help our clients to understand the applicable legal framework in order to design and implement with them a successful strategy to capitalize on opportunities, using the law to decrease costs, increase certainty or minimize an imminent threat.
What do we do?
We assist clients with different legal services ranging from the law applicable to the materialization of an idea, to international litigation (i.e., treaty and contract arbitration, or WTO litigation), as well as the intermediary stages.
- Advise companies (SMEs and large ones) on legal aspects of international commercial transactions, including strategy, contracts and arbitration.
- Advise companies, States and State enterprises on State responsibility under the law of international investment agreements (such as bilateral investment treaties - BITs), the law of the World Trade Organization (WTO), and the law of free trade agreements (PTAs). This includes strategy, negotiation, market and investment access, assessment of State measures and investment arbitration or litigation before WTO courts.
- Assist government agencies in the design and implementation of trade policies.
- Assist States, industry groups, and enterprises on trade negotiations, such as free trade agreements (PTAs), bilateral investment treaties (BITs), or WTO negotiations.
- Train teams on trade and investment law.