- Lecturer on “Regionalism in the Americas,” Universidad de Barcelona, IELPO, Barcelona, Spain (March every year);
- Fertilización, Cruzada, entre el Litigio OMC, el Arbitraje de Inversión y el Arbitraje Comercial, Barra Mexicana de Abogados, Mexico City (11 June 2014);
- International Litigation, Foreign Trade University in Ha Noi, Viet Nam (13 May 2014);
- National Treatment, Geneva, Switzerland at the WTO (21 October 2013);
- Domestic, Regional and Multilateral Investment Liberalization, European University Institute, Florence, Italy (4-5 July 2011);
- Mexico’s experience in the DSU, University of Columbia Law School (November 2007);
- WTO, DSU, Doha negotiations, Tecnológico de Monterrey, Tampico, Mexico (April 2006);
- DSU negotiations in the Doha Round, University of Columbia School of Law, New York, United States (November 2005);
- WTO litigation, Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Occidente, Guadalajara, Mexico (October 2005);
- One-week seminar on the functioning of the DSU, Tecnológico de Monterrey, Monterrey—WTO Technical Assistance seminar (August 2004); and
- Assistant professor of International Trade Law, Universidad Panamericana, Mexico City (1999).
LAW AND STRATEGY FOR INTERNATIONAL TRADE AND INVESTMENT
Our clients need to be able to navigate and grow in the international trade arena, underpinned by international law
Our practice involves training and research. We have trained government officials, members of trade associations, merchants, academics and students in different universities and institutions. Training sessions often complement legal advice.
Research for us is fundamental. We are constantly developing research projects (articles and books). Also, clients ask us to use our research abilities to develop key studies for their trade practice.
We maintain close and constant collaboration with universities, academic institutions, government agencies and development banks when undertaking research and training.
Click below to expand.
Past Events "WORKSHOP"
USING TRADE AGREEMENTS TO SOLVE ISSUES AFFECTING TRADE IN AGRICULTURAL GOODS
Organized by: Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) & TILPA – Int Trade & Investment Law
BOOK PRESENTATION AT THE WTO -
WTO LITIGATION, INVESTMENT ARBITRATION, AND COMMERCIAL ARBITRATION
Co-Edited by Dr Jorge A. HUERTA-GOLDMAN
Published by Kluwer Law International
On October 21st a very successful book presentation was held at the WTO, hosted by the Appellate Body Secretariat (AB Series), and organized by the editors Jorge A. Huerta-Goldman, Antoine Romanetti and Franz X. Stirnimann.