Jorge HUERTA-GOLDMAN worked for more than twelve years as trade legal adviser for the Mexican Ministry of Economy mainly in Geneva—negotiation/administration of international agreements with substantial experience in State Arbitration.
He worked for three years as a private litigator on mercantile law (debt recovery, contract breaches, negotiable instruments, among others).
He has ample experience in domestic and international litigation before different tribunals. For example, he has had direct participation in the litigation of more than twenty WTO dispute settlement cases (covering all WTO procedural stages).
He was the Chairman of the WTO Committee on Anti-dumping Practices (2008-2009), administering the functioning of the agreement and reaching consensus on disputed topics.
He has directly participated in many trade and investment negotiations, such as:
- Contract negotiation;
- WTO Dispute Settlement Understanding;
- WTO Agreement on Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights;
- Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement;
- WTO market access for industrial goods, including both tariffs and non-tariff barriers;
- WTO disciplines on agricultural products, including subsidies and market access;
- WTO Antidumping Agreement; and
- WTO disciplines on trade and development.